The Housing Finance Authority of Lee County, Florida was created as a public body corporate and politic in accordance with the Act and Ordinance No. 81-37 (read it here) enacted by the Board of County Commissioners of Lee County, Florida on August 19, 1981. The Lee County Housing Finance Authority is authorized, in furtherance of the public purposes described in the Act, including alleviating the shortage of affordable residential housing facilities for persons of low, moderate and middle income and providing capital investment in such facilities, to issue its revenue bonds to make loans for the purpose of financing qualified housing developments and to enter into any agreement in connection therewith.
We serve low, moderate or middle income home buyers and renters by:
- connecting qualified buyers to lenders with appropriate loans
- providing downpayment assistance to first-time and non-first-time homebuyers in our service area
- working with developers of multifamily housing to permanently set aside particular units for low and moderate income rentors
Official Contact for the Board
- Phil Burnett, Esq.
- Attorney/Administrator for
- Housing Finance Authority of Lee County
- 2449 First Street
- Fort Myers, Florida 33901
- P (239) 334-1922 F (239) 334-7799
- E-mail email@example.com